Is delivery and leveling free?
Storage Buildings that deliver directly from our shop are free delivery in most of Georgia. Allow 1 week delivery if building is in stock, or 2-4 weeks delivery if we build and deliver. Our buildings are delivered by truck and trailer and then positioned and leveled a small forklift. We take every precaution not to damage yards and driveways. We DO NOT lift buildings over fences.
What do I need to do to prepare the site for the building?
We furnish enough 4×6 pressure treated wood block to level the building if your site is within 8″ of level. If concrete masonry block are desired they must be furnished by the customer. If the building is to be placed on an extreme slope the customer may be asked to provide additional concrete blocks. A typical 10×16 size shed is blocked at 6 to 8 points, one block on each end of the skid and one or two blocks in the middle of each skid. Our storage buildings are designed to rest directly on their skids. One corner of the skid will touch the ground and the driver will level the building from that point. Do not place the blocks before the driver delivers the building.
How much space should be allowed to deliver a building?
A vertical clearance of 13’6″ high is required under limbs and utility cables. We can raise some utility cables. Our driver will need a clearance of 2 feet wider than your building between fence post, trees, houses, etc. Please take tight turns or significant slopes into account when considering a location.
Do I need to have permits or other paperwork?
Customers are responsible for contacting building departments in regard to permits and set-backs. Also, it is recommended that you contact your Home Owners Association (if applicable) to determine what neighborhood rules and regulations may apply.
Do you supply door ramps or electrical outlets for buildings?
We do not furnish ramps because it is not possible to build a universal ramp that will meet all situations. Some storage buildings will be blocked 3 or 4 feet, while others will be only inches. We do have electrical options available. Please ask us about our economy or standard wiring packages.
What is the interior height of the buildings?
The standard wall height of Utilities, Cabins and Garages is 7’8″ at the side wall and 8’3” at top cross members. The standard wall height of Lofted Buildings is 6’6″ under lofts and 3’6” above lofts. The standard wall height of Barns is 4′ before the barn roof slope begins with center height being 7’8”. Economy Metal sheds are shorter, with 6′ side walls and 7′ at the center.
What is the warranty on the building?
Pressure Treated siding is lifetime warranty against rot or decay. Painted Siding is a 50 year pro-rated. Shingles are pro-rated for 30 years. Metal siding and roofs are rated for 30 years with a 10 year fade warranty. Workmanship is 5 year rated.
Construction Techniques Incorporated In Our Storage Buildings
- Skids: Our floor system starts with pressure treated 4×6 skids. These skids are notched ½” for floor joist attachment. 10’ wide buildings have two skids and 12’ wide buildings have four skids.
- Floor Joists: We use pressure treated 2 x 6 floor joists spaced on 16″ centers that are toe-nailed into ½” notches in each 4 x 6 skid. This building technique provides cross bracing for the floor joists. Garage buildings are built with 2 x 6 floor joists spaced on 12″ centers.
- Floor Decking: We use 5/8″ Shed-Floor decking. This thickness provides good support for just about anything a customer might want to place in the shed. We have many customers who have cars, commercial mowers, or motorcycles stored in their sheds.
- Walls: We have three types of siding. Our Treated Stained Siding is 5/8″ thick Pressure Treated T-111 and has 2 x 4 wall stud’s spaced 24″ on center with every other stud doubled. Our Painted or Urethane-Coated siding is 5/8” Smart-Panel with 2 x 4’s spaced 16″ on center. Our 29-gauge Z-Metal & H-Metal siding is constructed with 2 x 4’s spaced 24″ on center.
- Doors: All of our buildings come with shop-built 2 x 4 reinforced doors with three steel T-hinges per door. 8-foot width buildings come with a single 4′ door (46″ actual clearance) 10, 12, 14, and 16-foot width buildings come standard with a 6′ wide pair of doors (70″ actual clearance). The exceptions to this rule are the buildings with porches and the
Portable Garage. These buildings come standard with a 36” wide house door. The Portable Garage also comes with a roll-up door that measures 9′ wide by 6’6″ high.
- Windows: Buildings that are shown on our website with windows all include at least one 2 x 3 window. Cottage Sheds come with 2 3×3 windows. Buildings that do not show windows can be special ordered with windows. See windows under the Options section on our website for details.
- Roofing: On Wood and Z-Metal buildings we use 7 /16″ o.s.b. plywood roof decking covered with your choice of 29-gauge metal or 30 year architectural shingle roofs. On H-Metal buildings we use 29 gauge metal roofing.
- Trusses: We make our own trusses of 2 x 4 construction. Some of our buildings are built with rafters rather than trusses. We typically use 2 x 4’s with o.s.b. or plywood gusset plates for extra reinforcing.
- Vents: Our Wood Buildings are gable vented to reduce heat and also lessen the chance of mold or mildew problems.
- Fasteners: All exterior fasteners are zinc coated ring shank nails which resist rusting and provide exceptional holding strength.
Compare our contruction and prices with Home Depot Sheds, Lowe’s Storage Buildings, Action Buildings, Tuff Sheds, Cook Portable Warehouses, or any other building out there. We match all comparable building prices.
|We deliver Rent To Own & Purchased Storage Buildings & Sheds to all of Georgia including the major cities of Atlanta, Columbus, Augusta, Savannah, Athens, Sandy Springs, Roswell, Macon & Newnan.|